- If you suspect that you have Coronavirus DO NOT attend your GP, hospital or pharmacy.
- If you are concerned about coming into the surgery, please call reception to cancel your appointment.
- Appointments are being delivered face to face, over the phone, and online.
- We are currently closed to patients walking in to request call back appointments, repeat prescriptions, sick notes etc but are accepting some patients into the waiting room.
- We can be contacted by phone as usual and also via eConsult from our home page.
- We have opened some appointment slots online to allow patients to book an appointment for a GP telephone call back via NHS app or Patient Access. These slos can be booked from midnight on the day of the appointment.
- When you arrive for your appointment, please attend alone (unless you are under 16 years old and this has been arranged prior with your clinician).
- We also ask all patients to wear a face covering when visiting the practice – this can be a mask, scarf, or snood.
- Measures are in place to keep you safe from infection during your visit.
- Understandably our processes now require a little more time. Your patience is appreciated and thank you for your continued support.
Following guidance from NHS England and Public Health England we have changed our appointment system to ensure that we are able to look after our patients in the safest possible way.
You will be asked a few questions by our reception staff over the telephone or front desk when arranging/arriving for your appointment and we have also turned off our self check in machine.
We have also turned off our online access for the booking of appointments.
Guidance on Shielding
For guidance on shielding please refer to gov.uk shielding guidance webpage
To those patients who are pregnant and have planned maternity appointments at James Cook, or pregnant patients who have a concern, please call the advice line PRIOR to your visit on 01609 763093.
Fit Notes/Sick Notes
For info regarding requests for Fit/Sick notes (Med 3 forms) during period of self isolation, please see this letter from Cleveland Local Medical Commitee