How To Make An Appointment online
Refer to the following, as you MUST FOLLOW THE INSTRUCTIONS ON THIS PAGE.
Failure to do so may cause you to have to rebook your appointment.
How To Make An Appointment Via Telephone
- Call 01642 746800
- Our Receptionist will ask your name and a few questions about your health problem. You don’t have to give this information, but if you do, it will help us prioritise our patient care.
- We can only see one problem per consultation, so you will need more than one appointment if you have more than one problem.
- Based on the info you provide, you will be given an appointment or a telephone call back with a member of the clinical team.
- Studies show that up to 60% of GP appointments can be managed with telephone advice.
- We value the continuity of your care so please ask the receptionist to book you in with the same person who you’ve previously dealt with.
- The member of staff will see you at your appointment, or if appropriate, the member of staff will call you back and talk to you.
- If you would like a phone call back between a certain time, tell us and we will arrange it where possible.
- During the phone call, you will be asked further questions.
- If the doctor thinks that you need to come into the surgery, an appointment will be made for you.
Punctuality and Late Running Surgeries
We have a self-check in machine in the waiting room. When you arrive, check yourself in so the clinician knows that you are waiting. If you are unsure about using this machine, please ask reception.
We offer a 10 minute appointment system and the most pressing or urgent issues will always be dealt with first. If you have more than one problem and have only booked one appointment, it’s best to come back another day. This helps keep us on time and allows more patients to access our care.
Our commitment to you is to always start our surgeries on time. Inevitably there are some instances where a patient may have a particular need which requires more of the doctor’s time. These situations cannot be rushed and the doctor may end up running late. We make no apology for this. Remember – one day it may be your turn!
We really do appreciate your understanding and tolerance when this happens. If you cannot wait then please let reception know. It may be that you can rebook another appointment, or the doctor may be able to phone you back later.